Wednesday, April 11, 2012

This morning I wanted to know Your thoughts towards me, so I read Zephaniah 3:17, You said to me:

I rejoice over you with gladness, I quiet you with My love, and I rejoice over you with singing.

So, I looked at the word rejoice and I also looked at the word gladness. Here's the quirky part, the word rejoice and gladness mean the same thing...well, basically. Rejoice means: to show delight. Gladness means: delighted. So, Jesus, because You delight in me, You show Your delight towards me in double portion. That delight is Your calming love towards me, and to emphasize that delight, I have the absolute pleasure of listening to You sing to me of that quiet love. The thing is, as I sit at Your feet, I can hear the song and I can see Your expression and it is so astonishingly beautiful!! This part of Zephaniah 3 is becoming a favorite, and I know I will be reflecting on this part of the love letter throughout the day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment