Sunday, April 1, 2012

The book of Hosea is very precious to me. Every time I come to the book, I am reminded of my state of being in front of my God; it is a signpost of my condition. Each time I read those words I am reminded. These particular words struck me this morning as I read:

5 For she said, I will go after my lovers, who give me my bread and my water, my woo and my linen, my oil and my drink. 6 Therefore, behold, I will hedge up your way with thorns, and wall her in, so that she cannot find her paths. 7 She will chase her lovers, but not overtake them; Yes, she will seek them, but not overtake them; yes, she will seek them, but not find them. Then she will say, I will go and return to my first husband, for then it was better for me than now. 8 For she did not know that I gave her grain, new wine and oil, and multiplied her silver and gold which they prepared for Baal. 9 Therefore I will return and take away My grain in its time and My new wine in its season, and will take back My wool and My linen, given to cover her nakedness.

 Even though I go after my "lovers," You Jesus do not immediately leave me; You hem me in to discourage me from looking else where. For everyone that "hemming" in is different, but for myself that lack of quality time with You (my particular love language), definitely effects my day, affects what I take in internally from the world around me. I feel like for the last 3 weeks I have been feeding myself mental and physical garbage.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment