Thursday, April 12, 2012

I am full of themes today. Another thought that popped into my overactive mind in the last 10 minutes has been the value of me. I am reminded of Matthew 13:45, 46:

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

This verse has obvious applications, but right now I am looking at the unobvious narrative, because this is my narrative. Beloved, You search after me, the pearl of great price, which You did sell everything to purchase me. The question You pose to me is, am I willing to be found? Am I will to be searched for? I realize in the past, I would throw my idea of what my value was at anyone, when in essence it devalued me.

So, as I adhere to silence in the matter of the other, I pause and reflect on this new thought, the importance of being found. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment