Friday, June 29, 2012

I haven't written much about children because I haven't given it much thought, and in all honesty, I equate having children with having a husband. Why think about something in the future when I am not even there. But tonight, I reflect deeply on my unseen children. I want to have fun with my kids. I want to embark on weird, wacky and "worthless" missions not only for nostalgic adulthood material, but to realize life is about the journey and not the destination. I want to sky gaze with them - watch passing clouds, see falling stars, get eyefuls of constellations. I want to structure them as my Beloved has structured me. But what I want most is a man who wants to join in on these adventures, spin his own versions of wonderful wackiness, and worth into these children. So, now you know when I think of my husband, I instantly think of my children - the literal bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment