Friday, August 17, 2012

Writing-wise, this month hasn't been productive. Going on the theme of spiritual slump from my last post, one thing I have been some what consistent in is trying to find a balance, a running thread between my heavenly relationship and my earthly one. I do admit I have been doing quite a bit of praise, and how can I not? I have met my life's companion, my best friend, my lover and he is one cool dude. It's only been two months, yet it feels a life time (it also might be the fact we talk to each other 24/7), and soon we'll be celebrating our one month anniversary.

I know according to world standards, New Years begins January 1, but I feel like I've begun a new year, and of course, that's excluding the new years of my birthday. Another type of countdown occurs when a relationship is begun, and hence a need to recognize new years, celebrations, anniversaries, and milestones. And when I reflect on all of this, I come to realize just how tied to time I am, but the irony is, there is one relationship that is ageless, is here and now and is bound to no time and is set in eternity - the relationship I have with my Creator.

I don't have to wait for heaven to know Him, and I am beginning to wonder about the physical aspect of meeting Him face to face, because is He not suppose to be found in the bodies of His children? I am reminded of Isaiah 53:10-11: Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper His hand. He shall see the labour of His soul, and be satisfied.

In Hebrew tradition, a man was preserved in a sense through his children and their children. Jesus, was not physically preserved but in the spirit was preserved in His sacrifice for those who He died for and those who accepted His sacrifice, and of course, the offer still stands for those who may never accept or on the verge of discovering their inheritance.

There is a Latin phrase that I am rather fond of: absens haeres non erit and it translates An absent person will not be heir. I realize there are people in the world who do not know Christ or even who He is, yet, they are living His words in motion daily. But I know Jesus, and I know I cannot be absent from His presence too long. Here I am to worship. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment