Friday, August 10, 2012

Our actions either reveal or betray our thoughts, and I guess it really depends on what perspective I want to take. I was reading Jeremiah 6:19, 20 and it says

Behold, I will certainly bring calamity on this people - The fruit of their thoughts, because they have not heeded My words nor My law, but rejected it. For what purpose to Me comes frankincense from Sheba, and sweet cane from a far country? Your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet to Me.

All of my actions stem from my thoughts. These particular verses reach out to my own thoughts in my own situation. Are my thoughts focused on self or focused on other? And what actions are telling of those thoughts? The symbolism of thoughts are words, and I am reminded of another thought that stated, The spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life (Jn 6:63). So, the question arises - are the thoughts I recycle throughout my cranium of myself OR are they from the Original Source, the Original Coder? 

Some verses I find myself looping back to - Jeremiah 6:4,5. The selected imagery suggests a deeper meaning and seems to parallel with 6:2,3. Still grappling with this and asking for insight. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment