Thursday, August 16, 2012

I know I've been too long in my comfort zone when the prospects of moving, and the change in scenery begins to ruffle my feathers. I don't really think it's the moving that bothers me, it more of the amount of work that has to be put in and that goes to show you the extent of my lazy side. But as my other half kindly pointed out to me (and me in my forgetfulness), that we, hmmm, that I rely too much on myself. This is really interesting, now that I think about it, all of this is starting to take shape and reveal itself as the next challenge of the year. Yes, I believe in yearly challenges, personal challenges, but challenges that are way out of my league and require a lot of time in His presence that result in leaning on His strength.

I will admit it, I have been in a personal spiritual slump for the last month and a half. I do go in these cycles and I recognize them when they happen, and rather than fight them and get uber depressed, I simply wait them out. Out of that waiting comes revelation, understanding - as if He reaches out and touches my mind's eye, and scales fall off. Many things trigger a slump, sometimes good or sometimes not so good, but they happen. Oh, the communication between He and I never disappears, it just diminishes and He waits patiently for me on the side as I try to figure out what in the world is going on inside of me. That's why I love my Creator, He's one patient Dude. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment