Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Today, I prettied myself up, not really thinking about what day it was - the day of Hearts. This day is special to me, and not for the obvious reasons. This day is a reminder of the great Love my Beloved has for me. But today, as I walk through a particular crisis with one of my heart&souls', I am reminded how much I am in love with Him. He has forgiven me of all matters of my past, but the beauty of that forgiveness, is that I don't know the depth of that forgiveness until, as He readies my heart, He shows me what in my past is sin. I now understand David when he said, Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for You are good, O LORD (Ps25:7).

Last night, I came to Him, asking forgiveness for my mistakes of my youth. I looked back at that path I once walked and could see the darkness that surrounded me. I know, according to today's culture, within Christianity or the Secular, that my youthful choices are quite tame. But when you step into Jesus presence, nothing in this life is tame or extreme, and one realizes all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rms3:23).

And when I realized the depth of that fallen state, I realized some of my ideas I've held onto are slipping into obscurity. Trully, if anyone is in Christ, s/he is a new creation! The old has gone and the new has come (2Cor5:17).

Jesus, thank You for loving me, and thank You for teaching me what it means to love You! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment