Friday, May 27, 2016

stranded

help, lord, for the godly man ceases! for the faithful disappear from among the sons of men. - ps 12:1

There are different scenarios as to why the godly person ceases. If this was from David's younger years, he moved a lot, and he moved around a lot with the same set of men/people in and out of his nation and surrounding nations. He probably didn't a chance to meet many godly people while on the run. I get the impression that his moving around played a significant factor in his ability to connect with other godly/faithful people.

I get this impression because this is also where I am at. Having moved to a new country and a new city, I definitely feel like crying out myself - where are the godly/faithful people? But I know the factors stacked against me - can't work, don't have a vehicle to get around, new church scenario where the specific youth/adult groups are a tightly knit group and English seems to be the minority language of the group (making it more difficult to connect), dissatisfaction with current denominational association, no friends/acquaintances to connect with on a regular basis, limited volunteering opportunities (due to immigration process), and I am sure the list could go on.

But as one close friend from home put it, I am growing. It's a painful growth, but I am going to play the thankful card, a lot. I am definitely being pushed out of my 5 years comfort zone and that's a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment