Monday, April 4, 2016

clinging to the something bigger

when i consider the your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars which you have ordained, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you visit him? ps 8:3,4

Again, I blame the newsfeed. You know, the one found on Facebook. I follow a few people who are world-state conscious and good for them, I think we should all be, but I know the temptation to mentally shut it down. Many people just cannot stand to see the world wide corruption that affects the structure of our society. However, it's a reminder to me how imperfect this world is. There are those striving and thirsting after justice, and I know that is good and right, but again, it's a reminder of the temperament of this world, and the temporariness of my life. 

As I read Psalms 8 this morning, and David looking to the glory of God in His Creation (aka the heavens, aka moon & stars), David went and looked above man's nature to the Nature of God (both meanings intended!). He saw the lowliness of man, and the enormousness of God.

It's a good reminder. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment