Friday, March 25, 2016

The result of constant calling


So I've been going back to Psalms for my morning devotions. I feel that my state of being is proportionally represented by David's voice at this moment in my life. Much groaning, much uncertainty, but much assurance that calling on God will lead to many good things. There are these particular verses that grabbed my attention this morning

there are many who say, who will show us any good? lord, lift up the light of your countenance upon us. you have put gladness in my heart, more than in the season that their grain and wine increased. i will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for you alone, o lord, make me dwell in safety. ps 4:6-8

David always starts his "chapters" with a calling out to God, but by the end of his lament/complaint/groan/concern, he assures his audience that God has indeed heard and answered.

The part that strikes me particularly are the words there are many who say, who will show us any good? The one thing about social media (facebook, twitter, instagram, etc) is the constant posting of people showing the "ungood" that is present in the world, and all that I can translate these posts and these posters as saying is, "who will show us any good"? 

Is it the human nature within us that only focuses on the ungood around us? It kind of now makes sense how David always goes about his conversations - he calls out, he mentions the ungood, but he ends with the moving strength of God in his life, regardless of the shadows of death around him.

Positive reinforcement! Right. Have to do this in my own life now. Off to learn JavaScript!

No comments:

Post a Comment