I desperately needed Psalms 34 today before I even realized I needed it. Jesus is kind of wonderful that way. People talk about filling up on God before hitting the work day and any troubles that might accrue along the way. Yet for me, sometimes I need to read His words after the trouble hits. It's phenomenally affirming to know Jesus has my back way before I begin the mental process of dealing. So here are the recognizable highlights of 34:
- 1 I will extol the LORD at all times; Hi praise will always be on my lips. 2 My soul will boast of the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. 3 Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together;
- 4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. 5 Those who look at him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. 6 This poor [woman] called, and the LORD heard [her]; he saved [her] out of all [her] troubles.
- 7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.
- 8 Taste and see that the LORD is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
- 9 Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. 10 The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
- 11 Come my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD. 12 Whoever of you loves life and desire to see many good days, 13 keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies. 14 Turn from evil and do good, seek peace and pursue it.
- 15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry;
- 18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
- 19 A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all; 20 he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.
This psalms is packed with so much goodness, so much hope, so much strength. I have been refreshed. Amen.