Sunday, November 18, 2012

I've been digging around my creativity in the last few days. I was looking at amping up my fantasy writing, and was beginning to do the research, however, during devotion time tonight, a thought hit me (curtesy of the Holy Spirit) - write stories that matter, write stories that are true, write stories that can change the heart and the only stories that I can think of are stories that come out of prayer.

If Jesus is the Author of my life, and the lives of those around me, why not write stories of victory, stories of contemplation, stories that aren't just following my narrative, but the voices of those around me. Those are the kind of stories that matter in this life. I remember the stories that I loved the most as a child were stories of missionaries as they traversed far off lands and wrote amazing and strange tales. I need to start researching those kinds of stories from the here and now.

Anyways, I am contemplating creating another blog just for those kinds of stories. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment