Wednesday, February 24, 2010

There are certain emotions I haven't felt in a long time. So long that when they appeared, I was surprised, taken aback, and thought, "I can still feel this way?" These feelings were a portal to my younger self, in the days when I thought those particular emotions were how I based my view on a slice of my world. Emotions, that took me by surprise and have got me thinking about how much I've grown in my walk with Him who has my heart.

But it was refreshing - it was like standing at a place near the open ocean, watching the sun slowly fall, and seconds later, watch it sink into the horizon while your breath is taken away by the magnificent array of colors blazing out before your eyes, all a while set within the frame of a passing breeze, the soft sound of water shifting against shore with the feeling of the sand against your skin - that's what it felt like.

And I embrace this entire emotional experience at this moment, in this time, and thank God that I remember that I can still feel this way and leave it at that. Something far Greater captivates me, and it will not last a moment, but an eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment