Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The oldie but goldie verses I am claiming at the moment. Intriguing enough, they parallel wonderfully well!

For you have need of endurance so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise (Hebrews 10:36)

It is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose (Philippians 2:13)

Honestly, I struggle a lot with having consistent devotional time with Jesus. I really do. Come end of the day, I just fall apart. But I had an awakening moment last night after watching this Dove commercial. Women everyday struggle with "self-esteem" aka self-worth. They struggle with their identity, struggle with the concept of beauty, being desirable. It really got me thinking. I know who I am, and I know I am loved. Someone calls me Beautiful, and He also calls me Beloved. So, I started asking myself, how can I show what, how, and who I am to those around me? Zephaniah 3:17 is my love/beauty touchstone with my Creator. How can I live like He lives? Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment